>> Save you're settings - and wait another few seconds (or minutes) while
>> SlimNAS is installing SqueezeCenter
>
> Firefox tries to refresh the page and and gets stuck at "Loading..." I
> have tried restarting but that doesn't fix it.

How long did you wait? The message says it could take _minutes_.

> I am running an older FreeNAS (.684b) and wondered if that could be
> part of it, but I could find no requirements for FreeNAS version in the
> documentation. I guess the next step is to try upgrading FreeNAS, but I
> am loath to do that before I check to see if anyone has a suggestion.

I'm not sure this is the problem. My dev machine is pretty old too, while
the test machine is well up to date.

How comfortable are you on the command line? I'd rather try installing it
 from the command line than update FreeNAS...

> One clue, top shows cp to have been running now for 6 hours:

Ok, that's more than minutes :-(. Please kill that job, open your SlimNAS
share and go into squeezecenter. Is ther another folder called
squeezecenter in there? And in there another one? (you guess it: and so on)

> Also, I should mention that the instructions explicitly tell us to be
> sure that the SqueezeCenter installation bundle is set as .tar.gz (step

Ouch... that's no longer valid. This should be .tgz. Will change this
immediately. Thanks for the heads up.

Michael