Thomas_DK;322413 Wrote:
> In the link you provided the application runs on the slim server which
> proberly would be fine.
>
> Is it possible to have plug-ins running on the Duet Squeezebox
> Receiver?

None of the slim devices PLAYERS (ie the SB3, Transporter, duet
Receiver) support plugins running directly on the hardware...that would
be like patching the firmware.  Instead, plugins run on the server and
add menu items (and functionality) to the player displays.  But it all
still happens on the server, not on the players.

The SBC (duet remote) allows applets written in Lua to be stored and
executed locally, I believe.  But for your purposes, a SqueezeCenter
plugin, running on the server, and adding commands to the SBC's menu,
will fill the bill.  (Unless you want to be able to use the SBC for
this purpose when the server is off.)

--
gharris999