Gordon, thanks for the quick reply.

Yes I think the readme is a bit outdated.

Making the whole array of commands optional would be nice for the
general audience I guess. Perhaps even making this a per-player
preference. Particularly, the Duet need less switching to SN since it
can keep its clock & display up (besides, I almost bricked my Duet
-again- testing for SC->SN->SC switching  at 5 seconds interval, while
the SB Classic doesn't feel a thing... :-)

As for the rest of my message : I was referring to commands you can
read out on the SB screen (suspend, shutdown, reboot), and I used "GUI"
for the SB screen. My program is a daemon with no user interface at all.

In my tests, I did none of the actual actions of suspending, shutting
down or rebooting; I wanted to test what's happening, for example, when
a user requests suspend with the remote on an SB, and the server defers
execution of the request.

My use of your plugin is certainly borderline, since my server is
multi-purpose, and squeezecenter activity is only one of the variables
to decide for/against shutdown. I will try to have a look at your code
in order to understand what's happening in the shutdown and reboot
routines, and make a more accurate report. Then you'll see if a
modification can improve common usage of the plugin.

Same concern goes for player switch-back: I believe I am in a niche
usage, and I know my code is an indigest plate of semi-cooked
spaghetti; I will gladly share if I can capture a reasonable subset of
the machinery. This will take some time, so don't wait on it.

PS: Google brought me the "Huffington Post". I guess I have about the
same ones here; I won't think of interfering with your affairs in the
least, but remember you can always shut down the damn browser :-) I
stopped with domestic TV, papers and even radio some time ago, and feel
so much relaxed, and no less informed. One of the reasons I value so
much my SB system for the access it gives me to my music and to a
roster of international radios.

Later,

--
epoch1970