pippin;386391 Wrote:
> Sorry, I AM trying to help here. Read this thread and the other one
> under "General Discussion" and you will know my attitude to support.
> I was trying to find out if there's something else I can do to help you
> and you don't even answer my questions.
>
> All I was saying is that there are technical differences between how
> iPeng handles things and the way the IR remote does.
> iPeng usually is very responsive. The problem is NOT if you have and
> long playlists in your collection, it's if you have a _current_
> playlist that is long. iPeng is not able to guess what's in there and
> SC sometimes doesn't deliver data quick. Future versions will improve
> on that but that's how it is today.
>
> Please PM me a paypal account or something similar and I will refund
> your purchase. I'm sorry to see that you are unhappy with the product,
> many others like it well. I cannot help you if you don't let me
> approach you, I don't think this leads anywhere.

I appreciate your response, and sorry if I came across a bit arsey.
But some of the comments in your response did seem a little dismissive.
No hard feelings though.

I don't want a refund, as I am aware that a lot of people ARE happy and
also I am aware that you are still developing it and that future
versions MIGHT work for me.

I don't know if you are aware of Simplify Media?  The early versions of
that just wouldn't work at all for me (and a lot of others) but after
the fifth or sixth revision it is now my most used app and is simply
superb.

I have hopes that iPeng will work for me eventually.

I don't know about the speed of my server by the way.  My music is
installed on an external hard disc which is networked.  Squeeze center
is installed on a laptop along with my itunes data.

I currently have an album rather than the large playlist playing on my
squeezebox so going to load up ipeng and see if it is a caching issue.

--
Cockeye