Cockeye;386419 Wrote:
> I appreciate your response, and sorry if I came across a bit arsey.  But
> some of the comments in your response did seem a little dismissive.  No
> hard feelings though.
>
> I currently have an album rather than the large playlist playing on my
> squeezebox so going to load up ipeng and see if it is a caching issue.

OK. Let's see.
Did you see the comments in previous posts on how caching works?
iPeng will load Albums, Artist, Genres and Playlists in the backgroud.
On a resonably fast server, that should take around 1 min for a 1.000
album library. The required time increases with database size more than
proportionally, the largest library I used so far had 14.400 Albums and
took 8-10 min for synchronization.

BUT: iPeng SHOULD stay responsive during that time!

If you have any lags that are similar to what you described before,
this has to be something else, I would guess something with your
network setup.
An XP server SHOULD be fast enough, the data source does not really
matter.
What DOES sometimes slow down my XP installation is the iTunes
integration, but that'S only true while the server is scanning the
library but then can drag down performance a lot.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng at penguinlovesmusic.com