results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=58894
Question: Why do you use Custom Browse ?

- I need to be able to browse multiple libraries
- I need to be able to browse composers or conductors separately
- I need it to be able to filter the contents of albums, artists or
  genres menus
- I need an itermediate A-Z menu before showing artists or albums for
  a specific letter
- I need to be able to browse custom tags
- The standard browse menus can't be configured as I like them
- I need to be able to browse decades
- I need more flexible browse menus to browse classical or jazz music
- I use it because it exists but the standard browse menus works good
  enough
- Some other reason

Philip Meyer;390025 Wrote:

> Polls providing options like the above are useless - I think the answer
> is yes to pretty much all of the above, except intermediate A-Z menus,

The poll results suggest you are in the minority, validating the list
of options.  Right now there are 23 responses and no single option has
23 votes.  There are a couple of big vote-getters (to configure menus:
15, browse multiple libs: 9) and most of the rest are in the 5-7 range.
The conclusion so far is that nearly every option listed is important
to a significant portion of users (~30%), but most people don't use
each of the options.  (me, I find nearly every option useful.)

> Also, the mixer support - Browse Selection for browsing the content
> of a playlist as a music heirarchy.

Let me second this.  I didn't really even realize this was
functionality provided by CB.  (As I alluded to in my previous post, I
use the whole suite CB, CS, SQLplaylist, Trackstat, Dynamic Playlist,
and find their functionality merges together -- it's hard for me to
sort out what comes from which plugin.)  Anyway, the mixer support is a
really valuable and powerful feature that makes SQLplaylists more
powerfull.  Being able to stand on a genre or artist (or a custom tag
now!) and invoke a relevant SQLplaylist is fantastic and makes using SC
much more intuitive for me.

--
wnshall