Wirrunna;406034 Wrote:
> Gordon,
> I have both Lazy Search and Server Power Control installed and suspect
> that Server Power Control shuts down my server before the lazification
> process has finished if I kick off a "clear and rescan everything"
> before going to bed at night.
> I've posted in Stuart's Lazy Search thread and hopefully you and he can
> sort this out.
Tell me more about Lazy Search.  Does "lazification" need to happen
every time you scan for new?  Every time you clear & scan?

Any plugin can set and clear SrvrPowerCtrl blocks via the CLI without
having to worry about whether SrvrPowerCtrl is installed or not.  If
SrvrPowerCtrl isn't there, the cli call is harmless and does nothing.

E.G.

Code:
--------------------

  #Prevent untimely suspends, etc..
  my $blockcode = $client->execute(['srvrpowerctrl', 'setblock',
'reason_for_blocking', 'block_owner']);

  #my long running process...
  #...
  #...

  #Unblock suspends, etc...
  $client->execute(['srvrpowerctrl', 'clearblock', $blockcode, 'block_owner']);

Wrapping a long-ish process in those set & clear block cli requests
will prevent SrvrPowerCtrl from interrupting a process by shutting down
/ suspending / etc.

--
gharris999