gharris999;407285 Wrote:
> I agree that this should be logged *somewhere*.  You are running
> Windows, yes?  What do you see in the system Event Viewer?  SCPowerTool
> ought to be leaving system messages there, so I believe I've got that
> case covered already.  Would you be willing to check your event viewer
> and confirm that it IS being logged?

I started the system and let it idle so that SrvrPowerCtrl shut it
down.
1. System is Win XP SP3
2. No message from SCPowerTool in the system event viewer. MySQL and
various other services report entering a stopped state indicating an
orderly shutdown. SCPowerTool does log events in the SCPowerTool.log .
3. Setting SrvrPowerCtrl logging to "info" does not result in messages
in the SC server log file.
I restarted the system and let SrvrPowerCtrl shut it down due to idle
time.
4. Setting SrvrPowerCtrl logging to "debug" does result in
SrvrPowerCtrl becoming "way too chatty" for normal use.

5. Gordon, you have done a fantastic job on SrvrPowerCtrl, this issue
is very minor and was only noticed when I tested SrvrPowerCtrl being
included in Lazy Search. The fact that setting logging to "debug" gives
full logging info is excellent, please don't spend any more time on it.

--
Wirrunna

A camel is a racehorse designed by a committee.