Wirrunna;406815 Wrote:
> Gordon, Lazy Search has been modified to set and clear SrvrPowerCtrl
> blocks, tested OK (details in the Lazy Search thread), thank you.
> One thing I have noticed is that SrvrPowerCtrl does not put an entry in
> the Server Log when it initiates a shutdown. I believe that
> SrvrPowerCtrl should log an entry for the actions that it initiates.
It depends on which level of logging you have selected for
SrvrPowerCtrl in SC Settings->Advanced->Logging.  The default level for
SrvrPowerCtrl right now is "Error" and only errors get logged with that
setting.  Changing it to "Info" or above will start to put more and
more data into the server log.  At "Debug", SrvrPowerCtrl is probably
way too chatty for most folks.  Try the "Info" setting and see if that
is more to your taste.  I'll be happy to consider changing the default
log setting from "Error" to "Info" if you think there is utility in
this.

PS: on windows, SCPowerTool.exe can keep its own log.  Just add the
"--log" parameter onto the SCPowerTool cmd line.  The log file, by
default, is called "SCPowerTool.log" and will be in the same directory
as SCPowerTool.exe.

--
gharris999