gharris999;399002 Wrote:
> > aubuti;398707 Wrote:
> > For the future... how about player-specific settings for whether a
> > player gets pushed to SN on suspend or just disconnects from the
> > suspended SC without pushing to SN? A month ago I would not have
> > imagined the demand for such a feature, but right now I have that
> > demand in my own family. My wife mostly uses a Duet and hates futzing
> > around with changing the music source between SC and SN, or doing WOL
> > via the SBC. So a simple suspend without pushing to SN works for her.
> > My son has an SB2 (IR remote only) in his room and really prefers
> > suspend-to-SN because the SB2 is his clock. But if the server is up,
> > he'd like it connected. > >
>
> The easiest way to implement this without having to work up an
> elaborate player selection UI is just to provide an edit box on the
> prefs where you'd put a "white list" of player macs...if there are
> macs in the list, then only players in the list are "allowed" to be
> pushed to SN.  Sort of the compliment to the existing "Specific
> players to restore" pull-back feature.
>
> Is that the correct sort of UI symmetry to use here?  As opposed to a
> "black list" of players to never push?
Looks like release candidate 6 (version updated 20090303) has met my
wishes. At first it wasn't behaving as expected because I had the MACs
for the 2 players I wanted pushed to SN also listed in the "bring back"
white list. Now I just have them listed once, in the white list to push
players to SN. Real slick! Thanks.

--
aubuti