> Data is downloading at around 60+ kb/s. At the point that the browser
> reports 'Done' (after several minutes), around 50Mb have downloaded, and
> the download is still going. The browser, at this stage, is displaying a
> blank frame. If I return to the extension downloader frame, I see that
> there is a report at the top about a checksum error : "Community
> Softsqueeze (v3.9b1) - Failed to install (file checksum does not
> match)".

This looks like an ED issue and sounds like a timeout.  Softsqueeze is
much bigger than other plugins and so takes much longer to download. I
think it uses the default Timeout value as set in
Settings/Advanced/Networks/Radio Station Timeout. I suggest changing
this value to 60 and see if it helps.

Afterwards change the value back as 60 would be unreasonable for normal
use.

--
bpa