Thanks for your answers. I read the ten (actually twenty) posts above
but could not find what I am looking for. Having thought about it some
more I have come to the conclusion that it would be best if there was a
command line interface for Lights Out where you could register and
de-register a client. This would be very easy to configure in SPC. I
will have a talk with the developer ...

After some hassle I was able to install the WOL applet. 'Here is the
link' (http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay_Applets). For
some reason it cannot be installed using the applet installer, so it had
to be done manually.

I think I have discovered a minor problem with the -Hibernate to
SqueezeNetwork- feature, although I am not sure whether it ought to be
fixed at all. If you let SPC switch all players to SqueezeNetwork, it
switches the Controller, too. Since the Controller cannot (yet) be
connected to SqueezeNetwork, it disappears to nowhere and can no longer
be selected. I had to switch the audio playback feature off and back on
again to regain control. I have now worked around it by manually listing
the MAC addresses of the other players. Hopefully, SqueezeNetwork will
support the Controller soon, so this will become a non-issue.

--
mvordeme

'last.fm' (http://www.last.fm/user/mvordeme) | scaleo home server 2105 |
squeezecenter 7.3.2 | server power control 7.3 |
squeezebox boom & duet | rotel rsp-1066 | rotel rmb-100 | phonar p-5