You understand my configuration correctly, but I don't use
TITLESWITCHERARTIST anywhere in my settings. In MusicInfoScr I use
TITLESWITCHERTITLEGROUPING (TITLESWITCHERARTISTCOMPOSER) as you can see
from the screenshots and which should be valid as you confirmed. I
double checked that I use the same string for both display sizes.

I have no idea where the string TITLESWITCHERARTIST comes from that is
displayed on the squeezebox. And I did not change anything regarding the
TitleSwitcher and the MusicInfoScr plugin when I updated from SC 7.3 to
Squeezebox Server 7.4 and it worked perfectly in 7.3.

Any idea where the TITLESWITCHERARTIST comes from? Maybe it's a
truncated TITLESWITCHERARTISTCOMPOSER?

--
dip