gharris999;489910 Wrote:
> Yes, but which version of the _plugin_ did you install?  Go to
> Settings->Plugins and look at the entry for Server Power Control.
>
> And when you say "controller", are you talking about the IR remote for
> a Squeezebox, or are you talking about an actual Squeezebox Controller
> (which is a separate product.)  From your description, I assume you are
> talking about the "remote".  Sorry, with all the name changes being
> thrown at us by Logitech, we have to be careful to keep our nomenclature
> straight!  Anyway, I'm not seeing this problem with my setup:
> SrvrPowerCtrl 20091110.223903 and SBS 7.5 working with a SB3.  I will
> say, though, that sometimes, in order for the sleep-button functionality
> to work right, the player must be "on"..i.e. not displaying the clock.

Problem solved...I think!! Even though I had removed all traces of
server control my PC wouldn't manually hibernate for longer than 10
seconds or so! Having searched for what is obviously a common issue I
came across this site

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproperf/thread/08c44326-01ef-4287-8d25-7e3b475a1570

The solution for me was to change the network adapters wake on settings
to magic packet only, I suspect lots of people have this issue.

Then reinstalled the beta version of the plugin you recommend for SBS
7.4.0 or later and so far it works a treat. Moved monitor idle players
slider down to 5 mins and as soon has time was up pc fell silent!!

Works also from IR controller, many thanks for creating such a great
plugin and also for your patience with its users!

--
wonder boy