results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=73237
Question: What do you think about "touch-to-play-album" for
cover art in iPeng?

- I use this and like it.
- I don't use this and it disturbs me
- I don't care

pippin;502450 Wrote:
> From an iPeng perspective I would find it easier to save the state
> BEFORE I issue a command (because that's when I know I will do that), so
> if a plugin provides the feature iPeng could precede each command with a
> "save state" command.
> For incremental changes it could also provide some information about
> what kind of command this is (add, play, clear,...)
>
> Don't know about CustomBrowse, though, and this would also probably
> fail on plugins like Dynamic Playlists or Random Play.

It feels like this should be handled completely on the server side and
just offer a undo JSON command which iPeng can use. That way the
functionality can be provided also for Controller and IR remote users.

However, if you want to have as little logic as possible on the server
side and only support iPeng, a solution with a separate save state
command will probably make the plugin part easier. Although, I'm pretty
sure Logitech won't implement a save state solution in Squeezeplay.

--
erland

Erland Isaksson
'My homepage' (http://erland.isaksson.info) (Install my plugins through
Extension Downloader)
Custom Scan,  Custom Skip, Multi Library, Title Switcher and Database
Query plugins'
(http://wiki.erland.isaksson.info/index.php/Category:SlimServer))