dip;506102 Wrote:
> I just upgraded Squeezeboxserver from 7.4.2 to 7.5. I have used
> SrvPowerCtrl only to monitor idle players and to suspend the server
> after 45 minutes. With 7.5 SrvPowerCtrl does no longer work, i.e. the
> server is no longer suspended. I checked the SrvPowerCtrl menu and
> recognized that the entry "Clear Block" is shown (which usually means
> that a block is set to prevent suspend). I then tried to clear the
> block. After clicking on "Clear Block" message appears "Clearing block"
> and after a while "Block cleared", but in fact the block is NOT cleared
> since after again entering the SrvPowerCtrl menu it is still shown
> "Clear Block" and the server does not suspend after idle time.
>
> I then deinstalled SrvPowerCtrl and installed the latest beta version
> (v20100101.164543), restarted the server but nothing changed. I am
> running SBS on Ubuntu 9.04.
>
> Is this a known incompatibility with SBS 7.5?
No, this is not a "known" incompatibility, but now that I'm looking at
it, I am seeing some abnormal behavior.  It looks like the beta code has
trouble listing the blocks more than once.  I'll look into this.
Thanks.

A couple of things to check:

1). Does the block still exist after you've rebooted the server?

2). Does the file /var/lock/spc-block exist on the server?  If so,
delete it.

--
gharris999