peterw;508475 Wrote:
> Wrong again. I saw the bad temp again this AM, so I restarted SC/SBS
> with no wunderground setting, and soon saw bad data again. So I tried
> manually fetching  www .weather.com/weather/local/MyZIPHere. It took
> fewer than 10 fetches for me to get a www.
> weather.com/weather/today/City+ST+NNNNN web page with the bad data. So
> it seems that weather.com is intermittently returning bad data. The HTML
> for the bad data is very, very similar to the good -- the only good
> telltale sign I found (and I confess not to have scoured the really long
> bits of markup and JS that differed) was an SGML comment that includes a
> number when the data is real, and an empty string when it's bad. I've
> added a safeguard in my code to look for that sign. There was one other
> -- the sunrise/sunset times were off by hours, as if it understood where
> my ZIP really is and that the forecast it was showing me was for
> somebody living ~30 degrees west of me. But I don't have a
> sunrise/sunset algorithm handy, so that's not much help.
>
> So I'm back to thinking that wunderground XML is the way to go.

Hey Peter-

Interesting finding.  So basically every once in a while weather.com is
giving you a forecast that is inaccurate?  Weird.  I haven't noticed
this, but given how messy their HTML is it doesn't surprise me.  Is that
still happening?  Could you email me (you have it) an example of the
good and bad for comparison?  I assume after x minutes when the plugin
refreshes the bad read is replayed with a good read, correct?

Has anyone else seen 'inaccurate' forecasts?

-Greg

--
GoCubs