Bert57;516746 Wrote:
> Bought this used to run Ipeng and control my squeeze receiver(7.4). Will
> also put some of my library on it for travel.  Starting questions.
> 1  The touch is running 2.2.1 version software so does it need to be
> updated?  Would like to run the newest version of Ipeng.
> 2  It is also registered on itunes to the old owners account and
> computer so what should I do about that?  Will not be using anything
> from Apple other than possible software upgrades.
> Once these issues are addressed will purchase and install Ipeng.  Which
> version is the most stable?  Is there a step by step anywhere for
> Ipeng?
> Thanks
> Steve

have you tried to connect it to your own ITUNES. With ipods and
iphones, it has always just asked me if I wanted to start synching it
with the new computer (itunes).  Once you synch it with your itunes, you
should update the firmware to the most recent. Then go to the app store
and buy iPeng. There is only one version available and it is quite
stable.  Then sync the app to the itouch, and iPeng should automatically
find your Squeezebox server on your wifi network and your players.
Sometimes people have to add the IP address of server, but in my case,
it just worked immediately. Depending on size of your library it will
take a few minutes to read all your artwork, etc. the first time.

--
garym