erland;526747 Wrote:
> Is there anything in the server.log file found through Squeezebox Server
> web interface in Settings/Advanced/Logging ?
>
> It can take a bit of time to startup first time after a upgrade, so
> maybe that's it ?
>
> Has it worked before ? Which version of Squeezebox Server did you use
> then ?

What exactly should I be looking for in the server.log file?

How long is a bit of time? I waited 10 minutes during my last attempt
to start squeezebox server with custombrowse active. Is that long
enough?

Custombrowse has worked before (perfect for a least a couple years)
however it has been been finicky for a few months ever since the name
switch to squeezebox server. Sometimes custombrowse would not work at
all but it did not interfere with the web interface or communication
with the player. It was just that nothing would show up on the player
menu when I chose custombrowse from within the extras menu. It would
seem to repair itself following a restart after a "plugins have been
upated" notification but would stop working soon after wards. I ignored
the problem until a couple days ago when I was unable to use my player
at all.

Any thoughts? Tell what to look for in the logfile and I will report
back.

Thanks

--
placebo_09