>TouchToPlay is the right step for all devices and its a pity that it
>wasn't introduced to the Boom.
Whilst I do understand the change for touch devices (although inconsistent and
could be improved), I totally disagree for all other players (classic and
Radio).  First instinct is for knob/right-arrow to navigate, and Play to play.
Making knob-push/right-arrow sometimes navigate and sometimes play is not
instictive.  There are no clues that it should do that.

>Anyway - if I remember correctly logitech did usability tests before
>introducing the new behaviour so they have statistics on their side for
>the newer devices.

We know very little about those usability tests; what was given to play with
(established devices, beta kit, etc), how the focus groups were conducted, what
the results were.  Market research is a tricky business.

It is not obvious how to play an album, which I think is quite important.
Touch the album and it displays the tracks.  Not all that useful.

Someone who has a first instint of touching a song to play the song, they may
be suprised to find that it doesn't actually just play the song, but replaces
the current playlist with the whole album.  It's not distinctive to me.  If you
try that within a large album (eg. "No Album", where singles have no album
name), be prepared to wait a while whilst it loads thousands of tracks into the
current playlist.