Thanks for the reply.

erland;563503 Wrote:
> Assuming Custom Scan only runs Rating Tag and Custom Tag scanning module
> this seems like a disk access problem. Are the music files stored on a
> local hard drive or on a NAS or something similar where the network
> could cause performance problem when accessing the files ?
>
> If you are using some of the other scanning modules, like MusicIP
> import/export or LastFM or Amarok import/export they might slow down
> the scanning, you should be able to see on the status in the Custom
> Scan settings page which scanners are actually running. LastFM scanning
> module is intentionally slowed down to comply with the LastFM license
> which only allows a specific number of calls per second. The same
> situation also exists with the Amazon scanning module which no longer
> is part of the latest Custom Scan distribution due to Amazon API
> changes.

I only use RatingTag and CustomTag scanning modules. Some 24 hrs ago I
triggered a manual CustomTag scan and the web UI shows that only
CustomTag is running.

The music files are on a brand new internal SATA 2TB HD.

erland;563503 Wrote:
> The info level logging intentionally doesn't long much during the
> scanning, it just logs stuff when the scanner changes phase, for
> example when it does the refresh, delete old data and similar stuff.
> The reason is to avoid huge log files, if you want more logging and
> want to see what's going on, you can temporarily enable debug level
> logging on "plugin.customscan" and look in the log files, you should
> then be able to see if it's scanning tracks or doing something else.
> Note that debug level logging will result in large log files, so just
> have it enabled during a short time. You can change the logging while
> it's scanning, you don't have to interrupt the scanning for it to take
> effect.

Attached is the last part of the debug level logging log. I have set
CustomTag to scan these tags ORIGYEAR,YEAR,TYER,STYLE,MOOD,THEME and do
this tag mapping TRACKYEAR=oneof ORIGYEAR|YEAR,ALBUMYEAR=oneof
TYER|YEAR. It seems that CustomTag is looking up the value for all
tags.

erland;563503 Wrote:
> Just out of interest, have you tried doing the MySQL optimizations
> mentioned in the following thread, it feels like it should have huge
> effect on the performance in a large library like yours.
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=60682
>
> Another thing to look at is the memory consumption on the computer,
> maybe it's running out of primary memory and is using the swap file ?
> Although, it feels like this should result in higher CPU usage than
> 1-2%.
>
> Is there some other process taking up all CPU ?

The optimized MySQL my.tt is not loaded at the moment (there was an
update of SBS 7.5.2 and I forgot to replace that file after the
update). Win XP is set to prefer services over programs.

The PC has 4GB RAM and the process monitor reports only some 1,2GB
allocated and a top allocation of 2,8GB. SqueezeSvr has in excess of
500MB.

No other processes are taking up CPU, only MySql 1-2%, SqueezeSvr 1-2%
and "Systemets vänteprocess" the rest.

|Filename: Server.log.txt                                           |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10328|

vagskal

2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wireless), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng
on iPod Touch, muso on remote computer running Win 7 | 7.5.2 on Win XP