erland;563747 Wrote:
> Is this the same problem or are we now talking about something different
> ?
>
> The TrackStat restore is slow if the restored file contains a lot of
> references to files that have been moved, renamed or deleted. There is
> an option in TrackStat settings page in the backup section called "Find
> alternative files" which can be used to make it not look for renamed,
> moved files, this will improve the performance of the restore process a
> lot if you have a lot of removed files. You can also edit the restore
> file in a text editor and correct the paths before doing the restore.
>
> It's also important to not run the restore process if a full SBS
> standard rescan is in process as this means that all tracks doesn't
> exist in the database yet.

Oh, I just posted the log for your information (as you expressed an
interest in having timing done on a rather large library). No problem
at all with the TrackStat restore (apart from the hours it took, but it
is a one time operation so it is not much to say about it). The files
listed in the log were actually moved (at least those I checked). They
were still in the backup file because I had on the old PC disabled the
option to correct paths at startup (since that took a very long time on
the old computer). I had already manually corrected the disc part of the
paths.

--
vagskal

2 x SB3 (wired), Receiver (wireless), Boom (wireless), Controller, iPeng
on iPod Touch, muso on remote computer running Win 7 | 7.5.2 on Win XP