Prime Heretic;576290 Wrote:
> Quick question - does MusicIP alter files?

Yes it does, but just tags not the music itself. It writes an Analysis
and Fingerprint that it uses for mixing, as shown in the attachment.

> The reason I ask is that I think I've read a post somewhere someone
> complains that MusicIP has buggered up the tags on their music
> collection...

It's harmless IME, and can be removed at any time.

> Also Squeezebox seems to have two settings for MusicIP :
>
> "Only read mixable status from MusicIP (faster)"
> "Import all song data from MusicIP (slower)"
>
> Is the second one worth bothering with?

Dunno, I have always stuck with the first option. :)

|Filename: MusicIP Tags.jpg                                         |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=10601|

Peter314