Philip Meyer;576324 Wrote:
> >Quick question - does MusicIP alter files?
> >
> Only if you tell it to.

That makes sense, I've just done some testing and no changes were made
to any flacs or mp3s.

Philip Meyer;576324 Wrote:
> There is an option to write fingerprint and analysis data tags.
I'm guessing I'm missing an admin interface then, currently running
MusicIP on a headless Lunix server and admining via the provided web
interface.

Philip Meyer;576324 Wrote:
> e.g., using Mp3tag, you can add two genres by setting the value to
> "Rock\\Pop" (equivalent to entering GENRE=Rock, GENRE=Pop).  If I
> archive MusicIP analysis to the music file, it would lose the second
> genre, leaving only GENRE=Rock.

That's a shame, it implies MusicIP doesn't honour multiple genre tags
when creating its playlists.

Philip Meyer;576324 Wrote:
> You can use MusicIP without it modifying music files, which is what I'd
> recommend.
Aye this appears to be the default and how it's currently scanning, it
doesn't have permission to make changes anyway so I guess this has
answered my question that it will perform normally without writing
metadata to the mp3 files.

Cheers all.

--
Prime Heretic