Moffedille;580862 Wrote:
> ..ok, maybe the repo-problem is the source for one of my current
> frustrations, with the plugin tab seemingly stuck in a sort of endless
> restart-mode?
>
> OT: Gordon, may I ask what kind (make/size) of sailboat you've got?
Not sure about the tab getting stuck.  It could be.  Maybe try removing
my repo from the list of manually installed 3rd party repos?  You might
have to stop SBS and manually remove the reference from a prefs file.

Re ot/sailboat: It's a Hallberg-Rassy 49' (Swedish make, sloop rigged)
from 1985:
http://hegardtfoundation.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/20100712-121430_WGH.jpg

It's first owners did a circumnavigation with it and it currently
belongs to my neighbors who have discovered that cruising the med in
your 70s and 80s isn't quite the same as cruising in your 50s.  As
they've had to take various "medical leaves" from the boat, they've
occasionally made it available to me.  Even though it's at the age now
where everything is worn and brittle (pull hard enough on anything and
it will break off in your hands) this is still one tough boat.  A
little over a week ago, we got lured out of Korčula by a
sucker-hole in the morning and got run over by a thunderstorm with a
honest to god hooked shaped radar signature.  Pegged the wind-speed
indicator at >50 knots. With the cockpit enclosure rigged and running
before the wind with a bare pole, we all stayed comfortable (if a
little anxious) and the boat was very well behaved.

--
gharris999