gharris999;580879 Wrote:
> Not sure about the tab getting stuck.  It could be.  Maybe try removing
> my repo from the list of manually installed 3rd party repos?  You might
> have to stop SBS and manually remove the reference from a prefs file.
>
> Re ot/sailboat: It's a Hallberg-Rassy 49' (Swedish make, sloop rigged)
> from 1985:
> http://hegardtfoundation.org/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/20100712-121430_WGH.jpg
>
> It's first owners did a circumnavigation with it and it currently
> belongs to my neighbors who have discovered that cruising the med in
> your 70s and 80s isn't quite the same as cruising in your 50s.  As
> they've had to take various "medical leaves" from the boat, they've
> occasionally made it available to me.  Even though it's at the age now
> where everything is worn and brittle (pull hard enough on anything and
> it will break off in your hands) this is still one tough boat.  A
> little over a week ago, we got lured out of Korčula by a
> sucker-hole in the morning and got run over by a thunderstorm with a
> honest to god hooked shaped radar signature.  Pegged the wind-speed
> indicator at >50 knots. With the cockpit enclosure rigged and running
> before the wind with a bare pole, we all stayed comfortable (if a
> little anxious) and the boat was very well behaved.

I unchecked the "automatically update plugin modules" option, and thus
prevented the endless server restart problem. It seems SBS wants to
update the srvpwrctrl plugin to the newest version, which it can't, due
to the aforementioned repo problem. Perhaps I'll just install the plugin
the oldfashioned way...

OT again: 49 feet of HR, that's a nice and spacious boat! It's good to
be in something larger than an eggshell when a storm of that magnitude
hits. My six year old son and I spent some days in a 33ft X-yacht this
summer, and we were hit by a fresh gale one afternoon. My biggest
concern was that my son was going to get seasick or scared, but he
slept soundly through the night.

--
Moffedille