wonder boy;599054 Wrote:

> Running 1.2.10 on my iPhone 3gs and as others I have noticed it is
> hammering the battery when left on the front screen.
>
> Wifi is strong and stable but in about 30mins almost 40% of the battery
> had been used, anyone else getting this problem?

I haven't taken the time to measure how much battery is being depleted,
but I too have a 3GS (with a brand new battery) and even when I put the
phone to sleep from within ipeng my phone will get quite warm (while
sleeping) and go through large amounts of battery in a short time.

I've taken to force quitting ipeng all the time now.

In the settings, I have "Prevent Sleep Mode" set to off, and "Preserve
Connection" also set to off.

Hope you can figure out what's going on.

--
dborod