I've noticed another oddity with my setup (SBS 7.6 on OS X 10.6.5,
iPhone 3GS 4.2.1).

When I launch the app on my phone the CPU usage on the perl process on
the Mac spikes to near 100% for quite some time, and on the phone, the
contents of the current playlist take a very long time (about a minute
for a playlist of 200 items) to show up, in batches of 25 at a time.

I don't seem to recall in the past it taking quite so long for ipeng to
acquire the current playlist from the SBS, nor it trashing the SBS so
much (to the point where playback is stuttered and interrupted.

--
dborod