I have the battery issue as well. I run 1.2.10, but I think I had it
with 1.2.8 too (not 100% sure). I've disabled Notifications, disabled
Push (but I don't use email client anyway). I grabbed some battery app
and measured it several times. On the attachment: first part is only
battery app running, second app - iPend added, third part - iPend
closed, 4th part - iPeng added again. The graph is not quite OK (high
usage with no apps in the first part) - I think it's because accuracy
in measuring battery level. But I tried several times, and the battery
always goes down more, when iPeng is running. In this test I always
turn the device off (so it sleeps), and iPeng was in the foreground, at
"Now Playing". Running it on iPod 32GB, I think 3rd gen.

I wonder about one thing. When I bought iPeng initially, I set it to
always keep connection (and drain the battery). After some updates
(probable to OS4 version) this setting went off, and now both settings
(prevent sleep mode and preserve connection) are off. Could it be that
somehow it's still on somewhere inside?

I tried to switch it this way and back, but this didn't change
anything. Can do more tests if needed...

|Filename: Picture 009.jpg                                          |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=11123|

azaz44