pippin;599670 Wrote:

> Could you try a few things:
> 1. See what happens if you add a playlist using the web interface to a
> player that is the current player in iPeng and see how it behaves then?

I made sure that "kitchen" was the player selected in ipeng, navigated
ipeng to the "artists" collection, went in with my desktop browsers and
added the playlist. SBS took it's 2 minutes of heavy load then it
settled down. When it was done I went to view the playlist in ipeng and
it was fully populated.

> 2. If you have several players, could you add the playlist and
> immediately switch to another player in iPeng (one with a shorter
> playlist, I should add) and see if that stops the load.

Selected "kitchen" in peng, went to browser, added playlist, noted SBS
CPU, went to ipeng, switched to "living room". Ipeng shows that "living
room" is selected, but it's loading and showing the "kitchen" playlist
in "living room".

The web browser shows things correctly, but ipeng shows the full
playlist for both players...

> 3. Play the playlist instead of adding it to the empty playlist.

Doesn't make a difference, and the playback stutters and doesn't
playback smoothly until the playlist is finished loading.

--
dborod