results, please visit http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=79524
Question: Are you interested in IR-over-IP?

- Yes, I'd like to have IRoIP.
- No, I don't care.

indifference_engine;608407 Wrote:
> I'm pretty sure it's a memory issue - your SqueezeIR configuration is
> just too big for the Controller to hold in its cache.  There has been a
> report of a similar issue on the Touch (caused by a list of radio
> stations being too big
> http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?t=81207.  All I can
> suggest is to either continue using the older version of SqueezeIR
> until I can figure out a way to get round the problem (I'm not hopeful
> though as the hardware is a pretty fundamental constraint), or make
> your SqueezeIR config smaller (lose a lirc file).
I've done a little more digging and it looks like it's not a memory
issue - the cache is being written and read correctly and doesn't max
out the memory or filesystem.

The problem looks to be that SqueezeIR takes too long to load with a
big configuration and the Controller's watchdog (a little program that
stops the controller from rebooting to guard against the system
hanging) thinks the system has stopped responding and initiates a
reboot.  This could happen even without a cache but the config would
have to be bigger as the SqueezeIR startup happens in two chunks with a
breather inbetween if it has to download the config.  If the config is
already cached then it loads it and interprets it in one go.  I'm
looking into how to prod the watchdog to tell it that the system is
still alive.

--
indifference_engine

2xReceiver, 2xController, 1xSB3, 2xSqueezeSlave, SBS 7.5.3
Inventor of SqueezeIR applet for the Controller