technojunkie;623693 Wrote:

> I'm using Squeezebox Server version 7.5.4

Which build of 7.5.4? The current release candidate?
I believe there was an issue with Win 7 that made them revoke the first
one that was about crashing servers? The current one should be r32224

> and have a total library of approx 9588 songs comprising of 949 albums
> by 855 artists.
>
> How long does iPeng usually take to update/cache the library ?

With a library of that size? <1min.
You can see the progress in the "Albums" menu, if there is no more
progress bar at the top, caching is finished.
Artwork is more difficult, this also depends on the artwork (size, file
formats,...) but Windows machines should usually be pretty quick in
rescaling artwork.
It also depends on how much you scroll around since images will only be
loaded the first time once they are actually needed.

One more thing: Are you sure the server has finished scanning? In iPeng
you can see this if you go to the server details by pressing the blue
">" next to the server name in the server/player screen.

technojunkie;623759 Wrote:

> The Squeezebox server is now totally unresponsive and music will not
> stream to it.

TO the server? You mean FROM the server, right?
Or are you also running a player SW on your server?

> However, I can play music intermittently on my iPhone 4 as a Music
> Source but both the Squeezebox receiver and iPhone 4 keep disappearing
> from iPeng as Music Sources (then re-appearing).

One thing on notation. A "Music Source" is how Logitech call a
server...
Players appearing and disappearing usually mean your server has
problems and locks up. Please try to stop and restart the server.

> Additionally, having once started to play a song on the iPhone 4 I
> cannot pause or stop it and have to close the iPeng app in order to get
> the music to stop playing !
That sounds like the same thing: your server really seems to have
locked up.

--
pippin

---
see iPeng, the Squeezebox iPhone remote and
*New: iPeng for iPad*, at penguinlovesmusic.com