gharris999;627726 Wrote:
> This is a well known Touch/SqueezePlay problem and doesn't have anything
> to do with SrvrPowerCtrl.  And it is precisely the problem that
> SrvrPowerCtrl's "Suspend to mysb.com" feature is designed to address.
> I've been seeing this problem ever since the 7.4x versions of
> SqueezePlay on the Touch and the Squeezebox Controller were released
> back in the Fall of 2009.  Logitech apparently feels that there is
> nothing to be gained by encouraging users to sleep or suspend their
> servers when they aren't in use. Perhaps they feel that this will just
> increase support requests.  But for whatever reason, Logitech's
> development effort to make the SqueezeBox line work and play well with
> aggressive energy saving servers pretty much dried up with the
> transition from SqueezeCenter to SqueezeboxServer.
>
> My suggestion is that you do use the 'Suspend to www.mysqueezebox.com'
> feature in SrvrPowerCtrl rather than just 'suspend'.  That will keep
> the Touch happy and keep it from prematurely WOLing your server.  You
> can also adjust SrvrPowerCtrl's settings to automatically fetch the
> touch back from mysb.com on server wakeup.
>
> If you'd rather not connect the Touch to mysb.com because of "firmware
> upgrade shuffle" annoyances, then I'd suggest that you buy a cheap SD
> card and install it on your Touch.  That will have the effect of
> enabling "tinysc", the embedded Squeezeboxserver on the Touch.  You can
> then configure SrvrPowerCtrl to send the Touch to "itself".  Again, the
> Touch will remain happy and won't WOL your sleeping server.  And again,
> SrvrPowerCtrl on your SBS server can be configured to automatically
> fetch the Touch back from "itself" on wake up.
>
> The only downside to this whole arrangement is that it makes it more
> difficult to wake the SBS server from the Touch when you want to.  If
> that is a problem, then what I would unhesitatingly recommend is this:
> go out and purchase the cheapest Apple iPod Touch from eBay or wherever
> that you can find.  Then purchase iPeng.  iPeng can be relied on to WOL
> your server whenever you pull it up on the iPod Touch.  When the server
> wakes up, then SrvrPowerCtrl can be relied on to fetch the Touch back
> from mysb.com or from tinysc.

Thank you for your detailed reply.  I was pretty certain that it wasn't
a SrvrPowerCtrl problem as I could reproduce it with a manual hibernate
without using SrvrPowerCtrl.  I posted in this thread because I thought
you (or others) may have known about the issue.  I did post in the Touch
Forum a few day ago (before I upgraded SrvrPowerCtrl) but got no