@ctweedle:  I'm presently in an undisclosed remote location with nothing
more than an iPad so I can't go into any depth here.  But epoch1970 has
already gone into some detail and his ideas are always good ones.  All
I would add, for the moment, is that my experience has been the same as
epoch's: with Linux, some machines will wake from a soft-off shutdown
when the rtc has been so programmed.  Contrast this with windows, which
has no such ability.  You just have to experiment and see if your
hardware will play nice.

Also, in terms of making your server stay awake overnight one day of
the week, again, I think the approach suggested by epoch1970 should
work for you.  You could create a "silent" alarm for midnight (or
whenever) for the day of the week in question.  SrvrPowerCtrl should
then see to it that the server gets woken up for that alarm.  You could
then have what is known in the Linux realm as a "cron job" that would
set a SrvrPowerCtrl block in order to keep the server awake.  A second
cron job run at 5:00 am the next morning (or whenever) could clear the
block so the server could sleep again.

If you're new to Linux, the syntax of the crontab file where these cron
jobs are scheduled can seem pretty arcane.  Once I'm back at a computer
where I can do more than two-fingered typing, I'll create some examples
for you and post them here.

..or give it a try yourself.  You can study up on cron job scheduling
by googling "man crontab".  The block and unblock commands you'll want
to schedule via cron are:

touch /var/lock/spc-block

..and:

rm /var/lock/spc-block