Pippin,

this has existed for some time - but I haven't had chance to log it
(and can't find reference elsewhere in the thread).

Some albums with a single consistent track artist, no 'album artist'
and some 'band' entries shows up under one of the band entries but is
sorted correctly.

This may be 'poor' tagging but SqueezeOS devices (radio, controller and
touch) work 'correctly', it is only iPeng which is 'wrong'.

FLAC files, display as band, treat MP3 TPE" as Band.

Artist ="Marianne Faithfull"
Album Artist = <null>
Artist Sort = "Faithfull, Marianne"
Album = "Easy Come, Easy Go"

track1
Title = "Down from Dover
Band = <null>

Track 4
Title = "the Crane Wife 3"
Band = "Nick Cave"

Causes the album to be listed with other Marianne Faithfull albums but
is credited to Nick Cave (any view).

Any ideas why iPeng is treating this different from Squeeze devices?

Mitch

P.S.

A similar academic issue occurs with an MP3 (tagged by iTunes) which
had

Album = "Forever Faithless"
Album Artist = "Faithless//Dido"
Artist = "Dido feat. Faithless"
Track = "One Step Too Far"

SqueezeOS displays the album as by Faithless but iPeng sorts as
Faithless but displays AlbumArtist as Dido. This maybe because TPE2
flag was wrong or because there are multiple ALbumArtists (didn't spot
straightaway via MP3Tag). I've fixed the tags on the latter as multiple
Album Artists strikes me as wrong, but it's still odd why Squeeze and
iPeng handle differently.

--
DigitalMitch

2 * SB3, 1 * Boom, 2 * SBR, 1 * Radio and 1 * Touch
controlled by IR, SBC [and iPeng on iPhone]
7.5.4 r32171 on WHS on HP MediaSmart (EX470) upgraded to 2G RAM
http://www.last.fm/user/digimich