Triode;641927 Wrote:
> Try installing the plugin and see if it says the helper app is running
> and that you have a bad password if you put something rubbish in there.
> If so then it probably works (and I think you can cancel after a month
> anyway?)
Thought I would try out the premium service anyway, so subscribed then
installed the plugin.

It has taken the subscription details OK and the helper is running.
However when I try to select music I get the following error message:

THERE WAS AN ERROR LOADING THE REMOTE FEED FOR : (CONNECT TIMED OUT:
TRANSPORT ENDPOINT IS NOT CONNECTED)

In addition the NAS is working at 100% CPU utilisation with
Slimserver.pl instances.  Normally it is barely ticking over at 1% -
5%

Looks like it is a bit much for my poor old NAS :-(

Anyway, I will play with spotify for a while but ultimately I cannot
afford both it and Napster, so will have to decide whether I prefer to
choose music for the Duet via Napster on the Controller/Ipeng or
whether I can live without and just use Spotify with my laptop and
dsbridge.

Anyway, thanks for your help.

--
TheLastMan

Matt
http://www.last.fm/user/MJL-UK
*SqueezeBoxes:* SB Duet (Controller + two receivers)
*Server:* Synology DS107+ NAS (with firmware 2.3-1157) running
Squeezebox Server 7.5.3 on Synology Package Manager
*Network:* Netgear DG834GT ADSL modem/router, 2 x Buffalo WHR-HP-G54 as
access points
*Livingroom:* Receiver into Naim 42/110 amp, B&W CM2 speakers
*Kitchen:* Receiver into Denon DM37 mini-system, B&W 686 speakers
*Study:* Linn LP12, Naim 72/Hi-cap/Headline.