erland;665772 Wrote:
> Isn't 1 star low enough ?
> Or do you want to set it to 0 for some other purpose than indicating
> that it's a really bad track ?
Curses, you saw through my secret plan ;)

Basically, I want to use ratings
5 = Awesome
4 = Good
3 = Average
2 = Meh
1 = Awful
0 = Duplicate

I am going through thousands of songs, many of which are near
duplicates, differing by mastering, mono vs. stereo. I want to label
these as near duplicates (e.g., so random playlists don't weight the
song too heavily), while still keeping them in my collection. I
typically listen back and forth to all the different versions until I
find the one I like, and than change the rating (I'm currently using 1
for duplicates, but I want 5 genuine ratings) of all the others in
ipeng.

I can do this through a custom tag. However, that requires running
mp3tag, which is painful to do from my listening area. Ratings seem to
be the only tagging that can be done from the ipeng UI, so I do this
inline.

It's not the end of the world, but since you asked, that is the reason.

--
mps