mps;667692 Wrote:

> Where do I find the smart random playlist? None of the playlist
> templates in sql playlists that I looked at have the option to exclude
> a playlist (although "random playlist songs" lets me restrict to a
> particular playlist, so I suppose I could adapt its sql).

Currently there is no predefined template that supports to exclude a
playlist, so you will have to customize the SQL. I could add support
for it in a future version of SQL Playlist plugin if you don't know how
to customize the SQL yourself.

If you don't want to customize the SQL, it is possible to do it with
the predefined templates and Multi Library plugin like this:
1. Create a "Standard library" library in Multi Library plugin that
contains tracks in the specified playlist.
2. Create a "Dependent library" library in Multi Library plugin that
contains all songs except for those in library defined in point 1
3. Create a SQL Playlist playlist that's restricted to the library
defined in point 2.

You will need to refresh the libraries when you change the "duplicate
songs" playlist but I guess this playlist isn't changed that often so
it's probably acceptable. Libraries in Multi Library plugin is
refreshed at startup, rescan or manually through the "Refresh" link in
Multi Library menu in the web interface.

--
erland

(Developer of 'many plugins/applets (both free and commercial)'
(http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/User:Erland).
If you like to encourage future presence on this forum and/or third
party plugin/applet development, 'consider purchasing some plugins'
(http://license.isaksson.info))
Interested in music discovery ? See 'Social Music Discovery (SMD)'
(http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread.php?p=656713) project.