jdbaldwin wrote:

> One "bug" (sorta) I discovered:  the drop-down box that gives you
> suggestions for timetext has a significant design flaw.  It shows
> examples like "5:46" "05:46" "5:46 pm" "15 Apr" "15 April" "Wednesday 15
> Apr" and the like.  The problem is that if I select "Wednesday 15 Apr"
> it populated the "text" field with "%A %m1 %B".  That's not "Wednesday
> 15 April" it's "Wednesday 4 April" as in "month #4."  It should be "%A
> %d1 %B".  The same error exists for "Wed 15 Apr" as "%a %m1 %b" where it
> should be "%a %d1 %b".  You should probably correct that, it took me a
> while to figure out what was wrong.

Thanks, I'll try to correct it in next version.

jdbaldwin wrote:

> Feature request / bug:  the "alarmtimetext" feature has what I think is
> a bit of a flaw.  The documentation says it shows your "next alarm," but
> if the alarm is too far in the future, it shows nothing.  So, here on
> Sunday afternoon if I have an alarm set to go off Tuesday at 8 a.m., it
> doesn't show up at all.  I think it should show the next alarm WHATEVER
> the date.  I see the alarmtimetext field has no provision for showing
> the *date* of the next alarm, only its time (though %a for the
> day-of-week does work in this context).  It would be nice if you could
> show that the next alarm set is "06:20 Wed 20 Apr" even if that time is
> several days in the future.
>
> Further feature request:  it would be AWESOME to be able show the next
> TWO alarms, rather than just the next one.  There would be separate
> fields alarm1textetime and alarm2texttime (say) for this purpose.  The
> reason is that many couples set dual alarms and seeing them on a single
> display would be convenient.  There probably isn't any good reason to go
> to 3, 4, etc. -- but two would be really nice.

Unfortunately the alarm time is limited to what the Logitech code
handles, currently they only send one alarm over to the Radio and it's
only sent one day before the alarm is about to trigger.
I currently rely on what the Logitech code supports and due to this
Custom Clock is limited in same way.
However, I'll consider your suggestion (which I think is great) and see
if it's possible to do something to go around the Logitech code and do
it directly in the Custom Clock part.

jdbaldwin wrote:

> Finally, I wrote a style that I will now share with you all.  The icons
> on which this depends are available at (URL ELIDED TO BE POSTED LATER)
> -- I get the icons off my local Linux server (which also runs my
> squeezeboxserver 7.8.0 instance) and I have sanitized the IP of that
> host for purposes of the style.  What I wanted was a hi-vis style that
> could be read from across the room in the middle of the night.

Thanks for sharing, I'm away from home this week but I'll take a look at
this when I get back home and see if this is something that's suitable
to include in the predefined styles to make it easier for other people
to install and find it.