erland wrote:
> Logitech disables Music Folder browsing while scanning is in process and
> since the alpha version of Custom Scan runs within the main scanner
> process it probably means that you can't access the music folder until
> Custom Scan has finished.
I recently decided to change my track rating scheme.  I should explain
that I'm not interested in dynamic ratings - all my ratings are set up
in tags in my flacs.  I changed a whole bunch, but trying to get the
Alpha Custom Scan to just rescan ratings seemed to do nothing at all.  I
then did a full rescan but still some of my ratings were unchanged.
Trackstat is set to no do any automatic changes so I'm puzzled as to how
this all works.

Still, given that I was using an Alpha Custom Scan I decided to go back
to the standard version, and it now seems to be changing the ratings
correctly (it's still running).  You may want to look at that part of
the Alpha when you get around to it.

One benefit of the old scanner is that, as you have agreed in your
Custom Scan is still running, and this is quite useful when scans take a
couple of hours.

I thought I'd look at the logs, not having looked for ages.  With the
Alpha Custom Scan there are a great number of logs like the one in the
attachment (the forum won't let me post the text, I don't know why,
something to do with images, of which there are none - grrrrr) sometimes
with different PLUGIN_ strings missing.  Again, I'm not complaining,
just giving you some information you may find useful about the Alpha
version.

|Filename: log.txt                                                  |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=13304|