PasTim wrote:
> I'm going to have to apologise for my stupidity (again) but I am now
> well and truly confused.
>
> I have a Vortexbox appliance.  When I set up LMS I created a directory
> for Trackstat under /storage/music and pointed trackstat to that
> directory.
>
> I now see that trackstat hasn't created any automatic backup files since
> I got my VB (even though set to do so) since it doesn't have access
> rights to the directory set up (as root).  I changed the ownership, and
> group, of the directory to squeezeboxserver.
>
> I tried to create a manual backup using the trackstat page, but it says
> it needs a file name.  So I provide a file name, of a file which does
> not yet exist, called TrackstatBackup.  Trackstat then logs that it
> cannot open the file. Well of course it can't, because the backup has
> not yet been created.  I even tried changing access rights to my
> Trackstat directory to 777, but it still says

Code:
--------------------
  >   >
  > "[12-04-25 09:55:56.9345] Plugins::TrackStat::Backup::File::backupToFile
(68) Could not open TrackstatBackup for writing."

--------------------

> What am I missing?
I found a solution to the trackstat backup.  It seems that although a
trackstat backup directory is specified, when specifying a file for a
manual backup, a full path must be specified for the file as well.  It
seems strange, and I don't know why, but that seems to work (I found it
via the wiki).

However, I still don't understand the way the ratings work, nor how to
force a reset to the ratings in the flacs.   What is stored where, and
what over-rides what in what sort of scan?  I couldn't work it out from
the wiki, not least because there seems to be another table involved
that I didn't find in the wiki article I read (the trackstat_persistent
one).