PasTim wrote:
> I suspect the old directory remained.  I will give it another try when I
> have solved my current, related, problem, which is about ratings.
>
> It seems that even having changed fixed ratings in my flacs, some of the
> previous ratings remain in one or more of the trackstat tables.  I
> though the track_statistics table would get updated form the flacs, but
> it seems not entirely.  I don't understand the link between this and the
> tracks_persistent table, but I wonder if the scan uses data from the
> tracks_persistent table in preference to that from the flacs.  Is that
> correct?  I'm assuming the tracks_history is just passive for
> information - is that correct?
>
> If I want to ensure the tracks have the ratings from the flacs is there
> any option other than to delete all trackstat data?

TrackStat don't trust SBS/LMS scanner because it often does the wrong
thing regarding ratings, so the refresh operation in TrackStat that runs
after a rescan will overwrite the ratings in the scanner. The reason is
the following:
1. A user have put RATING tags in his/her music
2. The user changes rating in TrackStat
3. The user performs a rescan either manually or automatically because
he/she upgrades SBS/LMS

The result of 3 would be that the ratings would be overwritten if the
TrackStat refresh operation wasn't run.

If you really want the ratings from the tags you should use the "Rating
Tag" module in Custom Scan, this module will update the TrackStat data
properly and won't be overwritten of the TrackStat refresh operation.