vagskal wrote:
> Some 149k tracks in 10k albums. I often have huge cover art, some as
> large as 4,000x4,000 - I aim for over 1,000x1,000.
>
> The red X to cancel did not work for me. Nothing happened when I tried.
> Maybe an easier way to switch to other programs when the collection is
> building (like showing the task bar)? I did not try ctrl+tab, but using
> other programs in my secondary window (without task bar or Windows
> button) worked.
>
> As I said, muso took all available memory, which I think was some 2GB
> RAM for muso alone when I checked.

I should have said 250MB not KB for the rise in working set memory on my
collection. It doesn't (or shouldn't!) load the full cover art for every
album in the build phase, it should only load the thumbnails that muso
already generates. It only loads the full cover when you zoom in to a
certain point, and then only for the albums visible. How big are your
thumbnails in the html folder? Mine are generally under 40KB each
(140x140 pixels). I think it is the memory causing yours to crash out -
with your collection being so huge then I guess this could be a
show-stopper, unless I generate some ever smaller thumbnails for
pivotviewer to use (might try this next version).