Hi Triode,
I have had your app (and the official one) working as a charm since day
one. Never had any problems at all, until yesterday?! Now nothing works
at all, and I get different errors all the time so it is hard to do a
good root cause analysis of the problem.

Background: Have not changed or altered anything. I am running Logitech
media server on a mac mini updated to Mountain lion a couple of days
ago, so maybe that could be the error. I have an airport extreme as a
router. The firewall is off (and has always been). I have two squeezebox
duet and one squeezebox radio.

One time i get the error "can' play file type" when trying to play
spotify songs. The other time the track starts playing (no sound output
though) and after between 3-5 secs it skips to next track. This
continues and I can't even paus it. Need to soft-shut-down the player in
order to make this loop stop. Also when doing this, the web interface
for LMS becomes really slow. I have run the auto self test which gives
me different answers randomly. It clears the four first steps (most of
the time. Some time it says that helper app isn't installed, usually
when the server response time is really slow) but it always fail on the
last step, giving the reason that the player is unable to connect, or
that it can't stream due to that always stream via helper isn't enabled.

I have tried both changing port (between 9000 and 9005, which I have
never had any problem with before.
I have also tried checking and unchecking the always stream via helper
(which has never been checked before).
I have tried to uninstall both the offical and your app through
unchecking them in the web interface, but I realize that this is not a
full uninstall since it remember my login details when i check them
again.
I have then tried to install just one of the apps, then both, but to no
help. I have managed to get the official app to work, but only on my
squeezebox radio, not when trying to synchronize with more players
(never a problem before).

I have tried searching online, which is why I have done the above trial
and error-things.

I am therefore in a really bad spot, and would really appreciate some
help. Any help, or tip, at all. If someone just tell me what kind of
logs they would like to see, I will post them. I have gone through the
log-reports myself but it doesn't tell me much, other than that it does
not work (for some reason.

Thanks in advance for any tip, clue, guidance or assistance that could
help me out of this mess, that has created itself out of thin air.

Best Regards
Daniel