nonnoroger wrote:
> But that is not what happens with Mountain Lion. As I have explained in
> several posts.  The idle period is only applied after interactive use.
> Once that has expired a WOL does not keep ML awake for another idle
> period. This is why we are trying to find a solution.

I don't think your earlier explanations were clear on this. If I now
understand you correctly, there would be other situation where this
would apply. For instance, if the Mac wakes of its own accord (say, to
perform the daily tasks) it would not stay awake for the period set in
Energy Saver.
> As I have also said before I think Apple have it right with ML. It is
> now up to developers to use the tools properly, (And I do know about
> legacy programs which will not be fixed but caffeinate and a
> corresponding GUI will provide a solution for that.)

We seem to agree on this. I must have been misinterpreting you earlier,
because I thought you were arguing that such a solution was a bad
thing.

> Caffeinate is fine for interactive use when the Mac is already awake,
> directly, or indirectly from scripts, but to call after WOL will give us
> race conditions in my view.

I expect you are right on this. By the way, one run of your approach to
ReallyPreventStandby has worked fine, have not yet done any other runs.