Triode wrote:
> So looks to me that the helper app is running but it does not receive
> requests from players until you restart LMS.  This sounds like a startup
> problem related to a firewall or something like that - you could also
> try changing the helper app port to see if something else is
> conflicting, but if its running ok and you can get search results then
> this side of things is working, its the fact that players don't manage
> to connect to it which is the problem.

OK I've changed the helper app port but checked before that the new port
is closed and I still have the same issue - I can telnet to the new port
and see the port is open both locally and from another box on my
network.

I'm not aware that my ubuntu box runs a firewall (which I assume is
proved by the fact I can telnet to the helper port from another box on
my network).

Maybe I just need to code something to restart LMS a few seconds after a
box reboot