sdosman wrote:
> Ooops - this last post was a red herring.  When I ran softsqueeze I'd
> just set the network as 'localhost' to get it up and running.  Switching
> softsqueeze to run on the StaticIP allows me to stream files OK from
> spotify.
>
> OK to recap.
> 1. No software firewall in place
> 2. Softsqueeze can stream files OK without error messages showing up in
> the helper app log, scanner log or server log.
> 3. The Spotify plugin Self Test fails with a variety of failure messages
> on the 5th test, but if softsqueeze is up then I tend to get "Streaming
> to player stalled before end of track, rate OK" failure message.
> 4. When streaming to an actual SB Receiver, then the track begins to
> play and then stops after a few seconds.  Scanner and server logs are
> silent, and the helper app log produces the same messages as when
> successfully streaming to softsqueeze.
>
> Can you please suggest where I should be looking next?
> Thanks

I still suspect this is a firewall or connectivity problem as the helper
app does not see to receive any connections from the player.  Can you
prove whether it is possible to connect to the helper app port from
another machine - e.g. try telnetting to it?  Maybe try changing the the
helper app port.