verdemar wrote:
> Hi, I love the plugin and used it for a long time, however, about the
> time I upgraded/reinstalled Ubuntu 12.04 amd64, the trouble started. I
> hoped it would get better with some updates, but it is only getting
> worse. I just reinstalled the latest 7.7.2, but that did not help a
> bit.
>
> Streaming from my local collection with sync on several players is no
> problem, Spotfy on the same machine that is hosting LMS is no problem,
> but streaming from Spotify with LMS starts skipping and buffering very
> quickly, particularly with music that probably use many bits. There were
> some problems with the Spotify desktop application right after 12.04
> came out, but that was fixed with a new release. Could this be related?
> It worked so beautifully, now it is close to useless. This is from the
> log from the self test at 160kbps.
>
> Any ideas on how to proceed?

I am on Ubuntu 12.11 64bit and am experiencing very similar problems.

Has this ever been solved? Is there anything else we can do to help
debug this?

And why, after a only a small glitch in the playback does the plugin
skip the whole track and issue a relogin?

I love this plugin, in fact only bought the squeezebox radio because of
it, but lately with this problem, I can hardly listen to spotify tracks
at all. Many skip after 20 seconds or so.

Sadly, I can not retrace when exactly the problems started to manifest.
I upgraded Ubuntu, LMS and the plugin in quick succession and somewhere
along the way the error crept in.

Any help would be appreciated.

Kind regards

David

PS: Are there any plans to open up the development of the plugin more? I
think it would be great if this were hosted on a platform like github,
with proper version control, that makes it easy to see what changed
between versions, and an issue tracker, that would be a lot more
pleasant than this forum thread. Also this would enable contributions
from other people, making this plugin even better.