When I use the Blender in Firefox it opens in a separate Window and when

That's intended, I didn't want it to cram into the little left hand frame.

selecting stuff in the artist dropdown as well as in the recipe box I
see a lot of JSON, is this as expected?

Yeah, that dropdown is more of a hack for myself to get artist IDs. You can get similar dumps in a few other places, eg. double-clicking an entry in the list would give you a full dump of that song's properties.

The idea of the recipe field is intended to show the json configuration object as it's consumed by the API.

This really grew out of my desire to play with the api. I didn't expect it to become a SB plugin UI. Which btw. is the reason I patched an "easy mode" on top of it :-).

--

Michael