Is there a way to exclude genres?

Creating a custom recipe using the blender you should be able to add exclusions to the style list. Eg. the Classic Rock preset I defined as follows:

  "style": [
    "classic rock^2",
    "rock",
    "-r&b"
  ],

Which means: I want a lot of style "classic rock", some "rock", but no "r&b". Using the blender you should be able to figure out what genre it assumes for your track. They're using their own list of genres, which do not map 1:1 to yours...

BTW: you can look at the existing recipes by opening up the plugin settings in the web UI. There you'll get the list of existing recipes which then can be clicked to open the blender (or checked to be deleted).

--

Michael